The Kallang-Paya Lebar & Central Expressway twin-tube tunnels
(cut & cover) opened in 2008. In 2018 Land Transport Authorities (LTA) initiated a tender for refurbishing the tunnels including installation of a Fixed Firefighting System. In 2018 it was decided that the TUNPROTEC Low Pressure Watermist Solution should be installed during the refurbishment.
- Tunnel Type: Road Tunnel "Cut & Cover"
- Tunnel Length: The project includes more than 1200 deluge valves and 100 km. of prefabricated pipes
- Tunnel Width: Varies between 12 m - 30 m
- Installation Year: 2019-21
- Tunnel Height: 5.9 m
The TUNPROTEC system offered several advantages to Land Transport Authorities (LTA) e.g.:
- TUNPROTEC offered significantly less consumption of water than conventional sprinkler systems
- TUNPROTEC allowed for a significantly smaller water reservoir and drainage system
- TUNPROTEC offered significantly less spatial requirements for pipes and valves