The TUNPROTEC® system contains the following individual systems:
- Detection System - Comprises the VFK Deflametec-TPT flame detectors and VFK Deheattec-TPT linear heat detector installed within the fire-zone.
- Valve Station - Comprises the necessary valves, switches and controls to automatically operate and monitor the hydraulic system and the supply of water to the fire-zone.
- Interface System - Comprises the VFK MCP-TPT Control Panel for entire system control, monitoring and for relaying signals to connected systems, including SCADA and alarm systems.
- Model N-Pipe System - Installed within the fire-zone, protects the tunnel through use of its low pressure Model BM-1L watermist nozzles.
- Pump Unit – Electric or diesel fueled pumps, with/without 100% redundancy and with/without jockey pump. Due to the low water and pressure requirements of the TUNPROTEC® system, the Pump Units can be designed with 100% redundancy at low additional costs.
- Hydrant Station (Optional) – The low pressure class of the system allows for the implementation of access points to system water for firefighting personnel. By including TUNPROTEC® Hydrant Stations, the entire system can be fed by one Pump System and supply pipe.
The entire TUNPROTEC® system is supplied ready to install and includes:
- Diesel and/or Electrical Pump Unit
- Linear Heat Detector and Flame Detectors
- Zone Valve Stations and Fire-Zone Control Panels with optional protective cabinets
- Hydrant Stations with optional protective cabinets
- System Control Panel with means for forwarding signals to alarm systems such as SCADA systems
- Preliminary hydraulic calculations and design draft supplied by VID Fire-Kill ApS
- All components in Stainless Steel AISI 316L with PN16 ratings.
- Electrical containers with dust- and waterproof IP67 ratings.
- Allows for use of standard plastic supply pipes due to low system pressures.
- All relevant hydraulic points capable of being monitored through pressure switches and System Control Panel.